Boom California Summer Photo Contest
Enter the Boom California Summer Photo Contest for a chance to win a UC Press book and have your submission featured on our website and Instagram!
- Capture a photo of a spot somewhere in California. It can be anywhere—a popular location, a concealed scenery, or anything in-between.
- Share it on Instagram using #BoomCaliforniaSummer and tag us @BoomCalifornia in the photo.
- Boom! You’re entered in the contest.*
We accept unlimited entries. Winners will be announced triweekly. The contest ends on August 17, 2018.
*Your account must be public for us to view your submission.
Winners will have their submissions featured here on the Boom California website and on our Instagram @BoomCalifornia. Winners will also receive a copy of one of the following books:
- Confessions of a Radical Chicano Doo-Wop Singer by Rubén Funkahuatl Guevara
- The Tide Was Always High by Josh Kun
- Water and Los Angeles by William F. Deverell and Tom Sitton
“Some views are intoxicating, this is one of them. The Eastern Sierra is home to uninterrupted scenes like this everywhere you look.” – Tim Wiecek